Colusa City Parks
If you are interested in reserving any of these parks please call 458-5890 ext 108. There is a fee to reserve Memorial Park, Sankey-Elmwood Park, Davison Park, Will S. Green Park and CD Semple Park. There is also an additional charge for electricity
A.B. Davison Park (Pavilion)
|10th Street, between Parkhill and Webster Street||Pavilion, BBQ’s, Picnic Tables and Grassy play area||$65 Full Day|
|Will S. Green Park||Between 9th/10th Street and Parkhill/Webster Street(just East of the Scout Cabin)|
Pavilion, BBQ’s, Picnic Tables and Grassy play area
$45 Half Day
10th Street and Market Street
Picnic tables, BBQ pits, Restrooms, Electrical plug-in, Playground area and Stage
$65 Full Day
Between 3rd/4th Street and Parkhill/Webster Street
Picnic Tables, Large BBQ pit, Restrooms, Tennis Courts, Electrical plug-in on the back of the tennis courts, Volleyball are, Playground area, and 1/2 Basketball court
$45 Half Day
C.D. Semple Park
3rd Street and Larsen Lane
Picnic Tables, Playground area, BBQ pits, Restroom, large grassy play area, full Basketball court, and T-ball Diamonds
$45 Half Day
Electricity Per Half Day
Eligible Parks: A.B. Davison Park (Pavilion), Memorial Park, Will S. Green Park
425 Webster St
Colusa, CA 95932
CITY PARK RESERVATION AGREEMENT
Park Requested:_________________________ Date Requested:___________________
Requestor:____________________________________ Time: 8am–2pm / 2pm–8pm
Phone Number:_________________________________ Fees:_____________________
PARK CLEAN UP
Additional Charges may be applicable if the park is not clean and additional work is required by Colusa Public Works. To ensure these charges are not imposed you need to do the following:
• No vehicles allowed in the park.
• No horses allowed in the park.
• All trash must be picked up in the park.
• All unused food must be removed or thrown away in a sealed bag.
I understand additional charges may be applied, unless the above mentioned conditions are followed.
FOR CITY USE ONLY:
Payment Rec’d_________ Date Rec’d__________ Amount__________ Check #__________ Initials___________
CITY OF COLUSA
RESOLUTION NO. 11-25
BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Colusa that:
1) Resolution No. 02-26 is hereby rescinded, and that;
2) The rules and regulations hereinafter set out are hereby adopted, pursuant to Section 12-12 of the Colusa City Code and are effective as of July 19, 2011.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- NO horses are allowed in City parks.
- NO overnight camping is allowed in City parks.
- NO motorized vehicles shall travel in any portion of any City park, with the
exception of authorized emergency or maintenance/construction vehicles.
- NO person shall cause or allow an open fire to burn in a City park, except in those
areas designated by the City of Colusa as BBQ areas. Open fires in BBQ areas
shall be in a BBQ pit on-site or in an authorized container designed for fire and/or
- NO person shall allow play or sports equipment that expels any type of a
projectile in a City park. This prohibition includes but is not limited to, BB guns,
pellet guns, bow and arrows, and slingshots.
- NO bounce houses or similar inflatable structures are allowed in City parks
without a permit issued by the City of Colusa. For a permit to be issued, the
bounce house operator must have a City Business License.
- NO waterslides or other water oriented amusements are allowed in any City park.
- Tennis courts shall be used for tennis play only. The tennis courts shall not be
used for the playing of baseball, basketball, football, soccer or any other game.
- NO bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, wagons or other wheeled devices are
allowed on the surface of the tennis courts.
- NO glass beverage containers are allowed in City parks. “Beverage” is defined as
any liquid intended for human consumption.
- NO person shall deposit or permit litter or debris of any type be left in any City
park, except in garbage or recycling receptacles provided for such purpose.
- NO playing of golf will be allowed in any City park.
- Playing of hardball and softball shall be allowed for recreational purposes only
without prior permission from City Hall. Tournaments may reserves fields for use
on a first come fee paid basis.
- Any organized or competitive league play (including, but not limited to soccer or
little league) must have prior approval from the City of Colusa. All play should
be away from any houses that are neighboring the parks in order to prevent
damage occurring to those homes.
- NO amplified sound systems allowed in the City parks without prior approval
from the City of Colusa.
HOURS OF USE:
- All park hours, exclusive of the swimming pool and Lewis Tennant Softball Complex, are set
according to Ordinance Section 12-13(a).
- The Colusa Swimming Pool hours shall be 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., seven days per week between May 1st and October 1st. The pool is closed the rest of the year. Special events (swim meets; private parties) must obtain approval from the City of Colusa of the use of the pool beyond these time limits.
- The Lewis Tennant Softball Complex hours shall be 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., seven days per week.
USE OF FACILITIES:
- Anyone having a function with more than fifty (50) people must obtain permission in writing to use any park or facility, the City of Colusa may require the applicant to show that all licenses or permits required by any City, County or State authority for the planned activity have been obtained by the applicant. Activities such as wedding receptions, yard sales, community fundraisers and tournaments may require additional licenses or permits in order to serve alcohol, provide music, serve food, provide security, etc., as needed. The Public Works Administrator shall have the primary authority and responsibility to interpret these rules.
- The City of Colusa shall have the authority and discretion to refuse future permission to any organized group, organization or individual to use any parks or facility for special events such as wedding receptions, yard sales, fundraisers, company parties, or tournaments upon their finding that such organized group, organization or individual has not complied with rules for usage of such park or facility. A ban from such usage shall be for a period of oneyear from the time that the organized group, organization or individual did not comply with the rules of usage.
- Rules concerning use of parks and/or facilities shall be made available by the City of Colusa and shall be complied with by all users.
- Users of parks and designated areas shall be responsible for cost of repairs or replacement of all items damaged in the course of such use.
- Applications for use of facilities will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. City sponsored events will take priority over other applications. All costs to utilize park/facility shall be responsibility of the applicant. Priority for league play or practice in City Parks shall be given to City sponsored organizations or sports leagues, then next to organizations or leagues with city residents involved or playing in the league, and then finally to out of area players and teams or organizations.
- Sale of food & drink is subject to State/County/Local health and safety laws and a City of Colusa Business License must be obtained if deemed necessary under the City of Colusa Business License Rules & Regulations.
- The City of Colusa may inspect the use area and activities covered by the applicant at any time.
- If the City of Colusa finds it prudent to require insurance coverage by the applicant, the policy shall show the City of Colusa and/or all employees of the City of Colusa, when acting as such, as additional insured during the specified use of parks and/or facilities. Such coverage shall be primary and any other insurance in force for the City of Colusa shall be excess and will not contribute with the above-policies.
- The swimming pool may be rented after hours on a first-come, first-serve basis. The available times for the after- hours rental is between the hours of 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Friday or Saturday evenings. City staff will be utilized to lifeguard the private event. The number of lifeguards will be determined by the number of people using the facility. Rental fees and lifeguard hourly wages shall be set annually by Resolution, and shall be paid by the applicant prior to his/her use of the facility.
- NO alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the pool area.
- The City reserves the right to separately set fees for use of parks as part of the City’s user fees. The City of Colusa reserves the right to initiate civil proceedings against any person causing damage to any City parks and/or violating these rules and regulations.
THE FOLLOWING FACILITIES ARE COVERED UNDER THIS RESOLUTION
LEWIS TENNANT SOFTBALL COMPLEX
COLUSA LEVEE SCENIC PARK
WILL S. GREEN PARK
A.B. DAVISON PARK
JENNIFER REW PARK
C.D. SEMPLE PARK
LELAND TAYLOR PARK
COLUSA MUNICIPAL POOL
Colusa Levee Scenic Park
Located on 10th and Main St. adjacent to Sacramento River Recreation Area. The park is placed on 2.19 acres and built upon the Sacramento River Levee. The park includes: grass, trees, paved walking, jogging or biking trail, picnic tables, and BBQ pits.
Located on 10th and Market Streets. This Park is placed on 2.35 acres with shady, tree-filled grassy areas with a children’s play area that includes swings, a slide, rock-climbing wall, a 20′ x 20′ concrete stage, picnic tables and public restroom. Electricity available for public events.
A.B. Davison Park
Located on 10th St. between Webster and Parkhill. This park is situated on 1.02 with shady tree-filled grassy areas with paved walking paths throughout.
Municipal Swimming Pool
Located on 9th St. between Webster and Parkhill. The Municipal Swimming Pool includes One 8ft deep Pool, One 3ft. deep pool, and one wading pool. Open during the summer only.
Will S. Green Park
Located on 8th St. between Webster and Parkhill. This park is located near the Municipal Swimming pool on 2.35 acres that includes Barbeque facilities, picnic tables, horseshoe pit, basketball half court, children play area with swings, slide, jungle gym, and glider swings for tots. This is a great area for family activities.
Located between Webster and Parkhill and 3rd and 4th Streets. This 0.58 acre park includes a kindergarten playground with slide, swings, drinking fountain, picnic tables, BBQ pit, restrooms, lighted tennis courts, and volleyball area. Electricity available for public events.
C.D. Semple Park
Located on the corner of 3rd and Larson Ln. This 1.2 acre park is an open grass area that includes a children’s play area, basketball court, restrooms and covered in great shade trees and grassy areas with picnic tables and BBQ facilities.
Lewis Tennant Ball Field Complex
Located on Colus Ave. across from Colusa High School. This 4.0 acre park is the site of the Colusa Softball Association games and tournaments. This park includes two softball fields, restrooms, concession stand, and covered picnic tables.
Located on 3rd St.. This 0.30 acre park is a large sandy area with children’s tot lot with swings and a slide.
Leland L. Taylor Memorial Park
Located on Country Club Dr.. The park is placed on an acre of open grass area for play, in addition to picnic tables.